Diodes Incorporated introduces the PAM8907 piezoelectric sounder driver, for maximizing sound pressure level (SPL) delivery from a ceramic/piezo sounder. The PAM8907 has a built-in synchronous boost converter, which extends SPL in battery-powered systems and outperforms other similar sounder drivers. The device is optimized for use in wireless trackers, industrial alarm systems, medical equipment, and domestic appliances.
The wide 1.8 V to 5.5 V input voltage range supported by the PAM8907 sounder driver enables it to address a broad variety of potential applications. A 22 VPP or 31 VPP output value can be selected (using the GPIO), thereby providing two different SPL options which allow optimized performance for SPL or battery runtime. Its integrated boost converter requires only a 1.0 µH external inductor which helps reduce the bill-of-materials costs and board space.
- Supply Voltage Range from 1.8V to 5.5V
- Intergraded Boost Converter VOUT = 11V or 15.6V
- Drive Piezo Sounder with up to 31VPP
- High-Speed Driver Designed with Very Short Turn-On/Turn-Off
- No Voltage Cross Output at Shutdown Mode
- High Impendence Output at Shutdown Mode
- Low Current Consumption, with Shutdown Current < 1μA
- Automatic Shutdown and Wake-Up Control
- Available in Space-Saving U-QFN2020-10 package
- Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant
- Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device
Automatic shutdown and wake-up functions help to further extend the PAM8907 sounder driver’s runtime when incorporated into battery-powered systems, with less than 1 μA of current drawn in shutdown mode. Thermal shutdown, overcurrent, and overvoltage protection, plus undervoltage lockout mechanisms, are included to ensure reliable operation. The product operates across a –40 °C to +125 °C ambient temperature range.
The PAM8907 piezoelectric sounder driver is supplied in the compact 10-pin U-QFN2020 package delivering a minimal footprint. It has a unit cost of $0.43 in 3000 piece quantities.
more information: https://www.diodes.com/part/view/PAM8907