Fujitsu Semiconductor FRAM (Ferroelectric Random Access Memory) is a non-volatile memory featuring fast writing speed operation, high read/write endurance and low power consumption. These features make FRAM ideal for applications requiring continuous data logging, real-time recording of three-dimensional position information, and data protection from sudden power outages.
Fujitsu Semiconductor FRAM is offered in serial (SPI and I2C interfaces) and parallel (parallel interface) variants and in a wide range of compact, high-density package types. Memory size options are available from 4Kbit up to 8Mbit.
- Stored data is not lost at power off
- No battery is needed for data retention
- Low power consumption
- No booster circuit is required for a write operation
- 92% lower write power consumption than EEPROM
- No data retention current required to retain data
- High read/write cycle endurance
- Guarantees 10 trillion (1013) read/write cycles
- 10 million times of EEPROM’s endurance
- Fast write speed
- Can overwrite data without an erase operation
more information: https://www.fujitsu.com/jp/group/fsm/en/products/fram/